Monday, October 11, 2010

@Clayco Eats!!!

As of late I have found myself frequently  writing and posting pictures to my personal blog about the food I'm making and eating (both in the kitchen and out and about).  Since my frequency of cooking in the kitchen has increased, along with my penchant for dining out frequently, I thought I would share the treats I'm snacking on (currently in love with my Zingerman's fall order), the eats I'm cooking (obsessed with the Lee Bros. two cookbooks and pickling) and some of the amazing meals and restaurants I am running around to enjoy (Wayfare Tavern, Bar Agricole, Plow and TaKorea food tuck).

Today, I spent the morning navigating the throngs of tourists and sight seers in town to take in Fleet Week down on the Embaracadero as Hunter and I skateboarded to the Ferry Building Farmer's Market.  The inspiration to head down during such a crazy weekend came from 4505 Meats @Chicharrones Twitter account, showing a picture of the steak and eggs poutine they were serving up.  I opted for a delicious steak and egg sandwich with some out of this world gravy.  I love all of the concoctions that come from 4505, they are always tasty with a little bit of edginess. 


On the way out I stumbled upon a vendor tucked in the corner I had heard mentioned to me a few times recently to due my current pickling obsession, Happy Girl Kitchen Co.  I was in a trance as as walked into their little tent, looking at all the beautiful jams, jellies and pickles.  I walked away with a host of jars you can see below.  I ended up snagging their spicy dry-farmed country ketchup, spicy carrots, wildly spicy pickled peppers, some of their own pickling mix, crushed heirloom tomatoes and their spicy fresh heirloom tomato salsa.  It took a ton of resistance to not pick up one of everything.  After talking to the lady there I was excited to find out they do pickling, salsa, and jam making classes over in Oakland, their HQ.






Beautiful vibrant red wildly spicy pickled peppers



No comments:

Post a Comment